Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sufferin' Succulents! Best Gardening Trick Ever

Succulents are made of magic and I'll tell you why.  Recently I transferred this jade to this larger pot and while doing so a few of the smaller branches broke off.


Rather than tossing them in the compost bin I instead put the little guys in some small pots I wasn't using and now I have four new healthy succulents for the price of none!


I also did this with some other succulent scraps and created this mixture of plants that has taken off!


And this started as a scrap from a neighbor.  I remember when it was just a wee little nub.  Ah they grow up so fast.


The best part is how easy it is.  Just snip a small piece off of a healthy existing favorite.


Make sure you have a clean edge on the stem, press the stem into the soil and give it a little water.


Now you have a cute little succulent baby that will grow up to be a big mamma!  



1 comment:

  1. Do you know the name of the succulent in picture #4? It is in the terra cotta pot?

    ReplyDelete